Blog Entry 17/02/2017
So I completed my dissertation presentation this week, personally, I think it went
really well, got some good feedback. I’m currently awaiting written feedback,
with this I’ll be able to focus more on my grading criteria. Here’s the
Further to the work I’ve completed this week was editing my diffuse textures
across ships types to contain metal scratches. To bring the contrast up with the
two tone colour scheme currently, I’ve used a combination of levels and curves
to achieve my desired dark metal colour scheme. I once again followed a strict
workflow document so that I was able to achieve a consistent texture result.
For the next week or so, I’m gonna continue my process of texturing inside of
photoshop and will perhaps move into another program called quixelSuite, a
program which allows you to use photoshop to build on top of already baked
normals. This will allow me to added further detailing such as bolts along panel
join for example. This is my current Diffuse Layer.