Blog Entry 18/11/2016
Mounting the Engines and Modelling Windows
This week I brought the two other ships up to the state of the battleship, Mainly
the mounting of the engines. Both of the ships shared the same amount of
engines given their closeness in size but got two fewer engines than the
battleship. They are all meshed and legal as well now.
I’ve also made some changes to the bridges of both the Corvette and the
Destroyer as I felt its previous shape looked too rounded. So I changed the rear
to one that was a lot more flat at the back and more angular, and now I’m happy
with the result. This change also helped a lot with placing windows, with them
being able to look more natural in their positioning.
So as I’ve mentioned the windows were completed this week as well. Window
placement was sorted a long time ago; just I needed to wait for the big pieces to
be modelled before I could spend polys on the windows. Again keeping to
triangles, I referenced star destroyer windows Figure 5.
(stackexchange.com.2016) for their angular shape and decided they were a
great fit for my spaceships.
Here’re some images of them in order
Panel work is something I’m looking into over the next week, given that
I’m getting close to poly counts I need to give the surface some more depth and
character. I need to produce some more designs to give myself the best possible
advantage on this front, though, I am relying on the texturing side to help bring
this up too.
stackexchange.com. (2016) Imperial Star Destroyer. [online] Available at: http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/114518/imperial-star-destroyer-exact-bridge-location [Accessed 18 Nov. 2016].