Call nowC.V

2016 Page 1 of 3

Final Group Project: Update 7

As we have broken up for Christmas, tasks have been on the down low as we all eat lots of chocolate and play Cluedo, but I have managed to…

3D Modelling Update: Pre-Export Checks Completed

Blog Entry 29/12/2016 Finished Pre-Export Checks A lesson I learnt from last week’s blogs was that importing objects which had overlapping UVS, Figure 1.(Image), could become an issue…

3D Modelling Update: UV & Zbrush Workflow

Blog Entry 23/12/2016 Completion of UVs and 3DS Max to Zbrush workflow So all of my three models have UVs sorted and within the 0-1 boundaries now, some…

Final Group Project: Update 6

Tasks this week were as follows. -As a designer, I want the player to approach the carer in memory 2 -As a user, I want the air to…

3D Modelling Update: UV

Blog Entry 16/12/2016 Update of the UV Unwrapping   As with last week, I’ve started using Textools to gain the same texture resolution across my models. Now this…

Final Group Project: Update 5

Tasks this week were as follows. -Create the railings which go around the first floor. – Create a drastic difference between the prologue and memory one environment –…

3D Modelling Update : UV’s

Entry 09/12/2016 Keeping Texture Density Resolution    I’m doing my best this week in an attempt to keep the texture resolution across the model the same. I’m using a tool called…

Final Group Project: Update 4

So this week my tasks were to: -Model a set of stairs the player could use to access the second floor – Complete new fall and black out…

3D Modelling Update: UV Unwrapping

Blog Entry 30/11/2016 UV Unwrapping Meshes So this week it became more apparent with such high poly counts that I needed to go further in pulling my mesh apart. I…

Final Group Project: Update 3

Tasks this week for me were to get started on the carer pathing within the levels and texturing some of the memory related items. To start with the…

PolyCount Post – Dissertation FeedBack So Far

So I’ve posted a question on the polycount forums on the advice of Dan Mayers to get some professional feedback on my dissertation models so far. I’ve posted the Battleship…

Modelling Update: Underside Detail & Panel Detail

Blog Entry 24/11/2016 Underside Detail & Panel Detail I gave the underside of the ships more geometry this week. This geometry gave extra character to the model, and…

Final Group Project: Update 2

Implement Fusebox Mechanic; So my primary task this week was to apply the fusebox mechanic. The premise of the mechanic was to have the lights in the room…

Modelling Update: Engines&Windows

Blog Entry 18/11/2016 Mounting the Engines and Modelling Windows This week I brought the two other ships up to the state of the battleship, Mainly the mounting of…

Final Group Project: Update 1

Matthew Allum Set the positions of the player in the six scenes. So, we needed to have the players position relative to the memory they were currently in….